A team of 30 Pierce Lyceum and Gymnasium students took part with great success in this year’s online Panhellenic Forensics Association Tournament (PFAT) from Thursday, April 1 to Sunday, April 4, 2021. Pierce came 4th in the overall ranking of 15 schools.
The results were as follows:
- Marilena Hadjicosta won the Best Speaker Cup!
- Marilena Hadjicosta received the First Among Equals plaque in Impromptu Speaking and Evangelia Giannopoulou received the First Among Equals plaque in Dramatic Monologue.
- In the Impromptu Speaking event, Marilena Hadjicosta appeared in the Finals and Theodoros Iakovou received Honorable Mention.
- In the Dramatic Monologue event, Evangelia Giannopoulou appeared in the Finals. In Comic Monologue, Vassiliki Batzoglou was also a Finalist.
- In Group Discussion, Konstantinos Dimitroulis was a Finalist.
- In Oral Interpretation of Literature (Comic and Dramatic), Clio Darzenta received Honorable Mention.
- In Debate, our team consisting of Alexandra Feloukatzi, Panagis Gouvelis, Marilena Hadjicosta, Moysis Tarampoulous and Klea Tryfoni reached the Semi-Finals!
Congratulations to the entire team for their hard work and dedication!