A team of 32 Pierce Lyceum and Gymnasium students took part with great success in this year’s online Panhellenic Forensics Association Tournament (PFAT) from Thursday, March 17 to Sunday, March 20, 2021. The results were as follows:
- In the Oratory event, Elena Strongylopoulou appeared in the finals and received the “First among Equals” award. This means that her speech was the best in the tournament!
- In Oral Interpretation of Literature (Comic), Dimitris Eleftheriadis appeared in the finals.
- In Oral Interpretation of Literature (Dramatic), Kleio Darzenta received Honorable Mention.
- In Monologue (Comic), Kleio Darzenta and Vasiliki Batzoglou reveived Honorable Mention.
- In Monologue (Dramatic), Evangelia Giannopoulou & Vasiliki Psarogiorgou received Honorable Mention.
- In Impromptu Speaking, Marianna Argeiti received Honorable Mention.
- In Debate, our team consisting of Alexandra Feloukatzi, Maria Tourni, Metaxia – Maria Sarri, Myrto Skordili & Orestis Eleftheriou reached the Quarter-finals.
- In debate, Maria Tourni was among the 10 best speakers of the tournament.
Congratulations to the entire team for their hard work and dedication!
The students were coached by Mr. Themis Markidis and Ms. Eirini Damianaki (Debate), Ms. Maria Salliari (Oral Interpretation of Literature), Ms. Eva Simatou (Monologue), Ms. Youly Tiligada (Assistant Drama Coach), Ms. Nikoletta Sarantopoulou (Group Discussion), Ms. Efthymia Karava & Ms. Christine Chryssaki (Impromptu Speaking), Ms. Christine Chryssaki, Ms. Efthymia Karava & Ms. Nikoletta Sarantopoulou (Original Oratory).