The Ministry of Education, in collaboration with the Canadian Embassy, announced the Panhellenic Student Competition “Ambassador for a Day,” marking the celebration of the 80 years of Greek-Canadian diplomatic relations.
The competition was open to B Lyceum students (individuals or groups), who had to create a video which lasted up to two minutes, on the topic “Diplomatic Relations Greece-Canada in the 21st Century, through the eyes of the young future leaders.” Through their participation, students had the opportunity to express themselves creatively, to use their critical thinking skills, and to act as responsible citizens.
Ioannis Asimakopoulos, a Pierce student, achieved 2nd Place with his entry. Ioannis participated in the competition with a video titled “Everlasting Allies,” in which he presented the common axes of collaboration between Greece and Canada.
Six more Pierce students participated in this Competition and submitted their entries, indicating how dynamic our students are and capable of investigating, researching and presenting issues of diplomatic relations, promoting the unique characteristics of each country and coming up with innovative suggestions for future collaboration.
The seven teams that took part in the Competition from Pierce, were guided by the English teacher Ms. Stella Stassinos and were the following:
- Our Common Path: Konstantinos Dimitroulis, Nikos Konstantilieris
- A Great Bond: Penelopi Robora
- Sunny Greece and Wintery Canada – A Promising Friendship: Ioanna –Maria Varotsi, Alexandra Kourti
- Bilateral Relations Regarding Peace – Canada and Greece: Filomila Mouzouraki, Stefania Triantafyllou, Christina Katsamatsa
- Everlasting Allies: Ioannis Asimakopoulos
- Canada and Greece – A Forever Friendship: Eleni Ioannou, Maria Tourni
- A Long – Standing Friendship: Alexios Gaidasov, Fivos Chrysafidis, Nikolaos Lebesis