The College’s Mathematics Department:
• Meets on a regular (weekly) basis.
• Monitors the progress of teaching material, according to the Analytical Program of Studies set by the Ministry of Education, Research and Religion.
• Has an organized databank of exercises and tests, which is constantly updated.
• Collaborates with all the Academic Departments of the College and with all educational agencies.
- Provides organized handouts covering exercises and theory with the aim of deepening students’ understanding of the material through extra practice, and giving students the motivation to learn.
- Utilizes computers and the Internet, with the appropriate software and audiovisual material, through: Computer labs
- the digital platform BlackBoard
- andSmart Classrooms
- Organizes talks in the Theater on the historical course of Mathematics, the biographies of important mathematics personalities, as well as the relationship with Mathematics and other disciplines.
• Is responsible for the Mathematics Clubs, in which, among others, students:
• are informed about contemporary fields of research in the discipline
• are informed about the conduct of, and their possible participation in, Panhellenic Competitions.
• learn about educational Mathematics software
• in addition, are given handouts with Mathematics terminology in English so that they achieve greater facility in reading and using the foreign bibliography, which is particularly important for their later scientific and academic progress
• Is responsible for the After-School Mathematics Clubs, whose exclusive purpose is to prepare students for the Panhellenic Exams of the Greek Mathematics Society.
Department Head: Dimitrios Misyrlis
Assistant Head: Christos Diamantis
- Vasiliki Amblianiti
- Emmanuel Vrontakis
- Dimitrios Georgantidis
- Konstantinos Garbolas
- Emmanuela Dimitroulaki
- Christos Diamantis
- Spyridon Doukakis
- Ioannis Zacharias
- Fotios Kanellopoulos
- Spyridoula Kanta
- Ioannis Kladas
- Varvara Mamida
- Vasileios Melas
- Dimitrios Misyrlis
- Georgia Michalopoulou
- Olga Palanta
- Dimitrios – Konstantinos Papaioannou – Kostidis
- Georgios Pinotsis
- Dimitrios Protopapas