Financial Assistance Program
Need -based Financial Assistance (Grants) 2018-19
Although the college tries to support the families of all students in need, the available funds are limited, and therefore, it is highly recommended that interested families apply within the set deadlines. Families who apply late, run the risk of their application not be evaluated.
For new students:
Candidates who will participate in the Pierce Entrance Exams, that will take place on Saturday, May 12 and Sunday, May 13, 2018, may submit an On line Financial Assistance Application (along with all required documents) from Wednesday, May 23 to Friday, June 8, 2018.
For continuing students:
On line Financial Assistance Applications (along with all required documents) for continuing students can be submitted from Friday, June 1 to Sunday, July 15, 2018.
For continuing students: On line Financial Assistance Applications (along with all required documents) for continuing students can be submitted from Friday, June 1 to Sunday, July 15, 2018.
Financial Assistance Terms and Conditions
- Applicants who are awarded any kind of Financial Assistance (grant and/or scholarship) are required to:
– submit official documents of the current fiscal year (tax papers, medical certificates, etc.) in support of their application. In case of discrepancies between the information provided in the application and the official documents, the financial assistance awarded will be automatically revoked and the portion already dispensed will be returned to the College.
– immediately inform the Financial Assistance and Planning Office of any change in their financial and/or family status.
- Financial assistance is given for tuition only and does not cover other fees (e.g. Bus fees are not covered).
- Financial assistance is given for one academic year with the possibility of renewal in subsequent years following submission of an application.
- Only complete applications with all necessary documentation, submitted within the respective deadlines will be evaluated.
- After submission all documents are considered College property and are not returned to the applicant.
- As funding for financial assistance originates from the College’s own resources and from the generous contributions of donors, the College reserves the right to rename a need-based financial assistance grant to a scholarship. Such conversion will serve as recognition of the recipient’s academic performance and will not alter the terms or obligations that arise from the original reduction.
Criteria for awarding Financial Assistance
- The Applicant’s financial and family’s status.
- The applicant’s academic performance
- The applicant’s student conduct.
General Instructions for the completion and submission of the Financial Assistance Application
For new users:
On the Financial Assistance Platform’s initial page you must click on the respective link (register now) to create an account. Upon completion of all required fields and once you press register, you will need to activate this account by clicking on the link in the email you will receive (to the email declared while creating the account). Finally, you may log in by using your User Name and Password. Attention: you must save your credentials (User Name and Password), as the account created will be used for all future applications.
The Student ID of new prospective students will be included in the Registration leaflet that will be handed on the day fo the entrance exams.
For former users:
On the Financial Assistance Platform’s initial page, you may log in by using your User Name and Password (the ones you used during last year’s application process). You cannot create a new account (only one account is created for each Student ID).
For all users:
- Before beginning to complete an application, please make sure that all required documents and certificates (depending on financial and family status; refer to the respective sections below) are available.
- At any time during the completion of an application you may save your progress and continue later. Once an application has been submitted, it can no longer be modified.
- Only one application for financial assistance per student may be submitted.
- All supporting documents must be submitted in PDF and JPG/JPEG format. Please note: Documents consisting of more than one page must be submitted in a single file (e.g. the E1 Tax Form is five pages) In case of photos, all information must be readable.
- In case a student’s parents are filing separate tax declaration forms, all relevant tax statements and certificates must be submitted (for both parents).
- Family members over the age of 18 will be included in the evaluation process only if all relevant tax statements and certificates have been submitted.
- In case of income from abroad, all relevant certificates must be submitted.
- For applications declaring very low or zero income to be evaluated, additional documents must be submitted. The Financial Assistance Committee must take fair decisions based on each student and family’s actual income.
Documents that must accompany the Need-Based Financial Assistance Applications for the Academic Year 2018-19
Tax Statements (must be submitted as downloaded from TAXISnet):
- Ε1 – Tax Declaration Form for income obtained between 1-1-2017 and 31-12-2017. In case a family member is not obliged to submit an E1, this has to be verified by submitting an notarized affidavit.
- Π – Tax Clearance Forms for income obtained in the years 2017, 2016 and 2015.
- Ε2 – Tax Declaration for income from rents obtained between 1-1-2017 and 31-12-2017.
- Ε3 or N – Tax Declaration for income from independent profession/business activity obtained between 1-1-2017 and 31-12-2017.
- ΕΝΦΙΑ – Tax Declaration regarding personal property. The respective document may be download from My TAXISnet: Εφαρμογές ΤΑΧΙSnet / Εφαρμογή Περιουσιολογίου Ε9 / Είσοδος / Έτος: 2017 / Εκτύπωση εκκαθαριστικού τελευταίας εκκαθάρισης για το έτος 2016 (αρχείο pdf). In case of no property, this has to be verified by submitting a notarized affidavit.
Additional documents which verify a family’s financial need (if applicable):
- Bank statement(s) for first house mortgage loan(s) including the type of loan(s) and the exact amount paid for the year 2017. Alternatively, you may submit a screen shot of the descriptive loan table, which is accessible prior to the E1’s final submission and once you click on the prefilled loan amounts on the E1 form – Codes 727-728 (table 5). (If not submitted, the loan(s) will not be included in the evaluation process of your application.)
- Medical certificate(s): For each medical certificate submitted, a signed document regarding the consent for the processing of the personal/medical data of the person to whom the certificate refers to, must be submitted as well. This document may be found (in downloadable format) under the specific question in the application. In addition, a hard copy may be obtained from the Office of Financial Assistance and Planning Office. (If the aforementioned documents are not submitted, any health related issues will not be taken under consideration in the evaluation process.)
- Unemployment Certificate(s). (If not submitted, unemployment status will not be taken under consideration in the evaluation process.)
- Divorce paper(s).
- Family Certificate (e.g. for large families).
- Death Certificate(s).
- Pension Certificate(s) in case of retirement in 2017 and 2016 or in case of a temporary pension.
- Any other relevant certificate(s) (if necessary).
Apply for Financial Assistance here. (Application period is closed)