IB Diploma Program Foundation Year
Pierce – The American College of Greece supports its students’ preparation for attendance in the IB DP program and, in this context, announces the continuation of the Diploma Program Foundation Year. It is a preparatory program that runs from the October 10, 2023 to April 25, 2024, twice a week (every Tuesday and Thursday), from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. and its goals are:
- To cover part of the material that is prerequisite knowledge for ΙΒ, but which is not sufficiently covered in the Greek Curriculum up to A Lyceum.
- To revise concepts that students have been taught, but not to the extent required for IB.
- To gain experience in using scientific terminology in the English language and, at the same time, to improve students’ use of English as a language of communication.
- To be familiar with and trained in research methodology, bibliography search, paper writing, personal statement, information about studies in Universities abroad etc.
- To become familiar with all of the courses offered in the Pierce-IB DP program.
- The development of necessary – for the profile of the student of the IB program – skills (critical-thinking, communication, self-management, research skills) through a course of Political Education / Sociology, which will combine all the courses of Group 3 (Individuals and Societies ): Psychology, Economics, Business Management, History.
The subjects taught are all of those offered by the Pierce-IB DP: Mathematics, Modern Greek, Business Management, History, Economics, Theatre, Visual Arts, English A/B, Psychology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology and the core subjects: Theory of Knowledge, Extended Essay and Creativity Activity Service. All of these will be presented cyclically over the course of the year by a corresponding team of Pierce-IB DP teachers, according to the program.
The cost of participation is €300 per year for all of the courses offered.
If you wish your child to take part in the program, please complete the online application.
Students will depart with the after-school buses, if so desired.
Please note that attendance in the preparatory program does not guarantee or imply entrance into the program (see https://www.pierce.gr/en/ib-dp/how-to-apply/)