IB Diploma Program Foundation Year
Pierce – The American College of Greece supports its students’ preparation for attendance in the IB DP program and, in this context, announces the continuation of the Diploma Program Foundation Year. It is a preparatory program that runs from the middle of October, twice a week (every Tuesday and Thursday), from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. and its goals are:
- To cover part of the material that is prerequisite knowledge for ΙΒ, but which is not sufficiently covered in the Greek Curriculum up to A Lyceum.
- To revise concepts that students have been taught, but not to the extent required for IB.
- To gain experience in using scientific terminology in the English language and, at the same time, to improve students’ use of English as a language of communication.
- To be familiar with and trained in research methodology, bibliography search, paper writing, etc.
- To become familiar with all of the courses offered in the Pierce-IB DP program.
The subjects taught are all of those offered by the Pierce-IB DP: Mathematics – Modern Greek – Business Management, History, Economics, Theatre, Visual Arts, English A/B, Psychology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology, core areas: Theory of Knowledge – Extended Essay – Creativity Activity Service and, of course: Research Skills. All of these will be presented cyclically over the course of the year by a corresponding team of Pierce-IB DP teachers. (The detailed program will be announced soon.)
The cost of participation is €400 per year for all of the courses offered. If you wish your child to take part in the program, please complete the online application.
Students will depart with the after-school buses, if so desired.
Please note that attendance in the preparatory program:
- does not exempt the student from mandatory participation in Pierce-IB DP entrance examinations
- does not guarantee or imply entrance into the program.